What Is SIP Trunking?
SIP, or session initiation protocol, trunking is a voice over internet protocol technology that allows you to set up real-time audio or visual sessions between two points. To put it simply, SIP technology sets up, modifies and ends communication sessions between parties over the internet.
SIP trunks act as an internet version of analog telephone landlines. So, instead of connecting with someone through traditional, physical phone lines, you can make calls and connect to people worldwide through your internet connection.
A SIP trunk provider, like us at Aatrox Communications, can connect multiple channels to your telephone system using SIP trunks. With these channels, you can make local, long-distance and international calls from your phones.
Why Should I Add SIP Trunking To My Telephone System?
Now that you know exactly what SIP trunks are, you may be wondering why you should consider adding them to your telephone system when you already use a traditional landline.
A few great reasons you should think about when considering adding SIP trunk technology are as follows:
1. Increased Reliability. SIP trunks are incredibly reliable – as long as you have a good internet connection and your SIP trunk provider has already set everything up, you will be good to go. SIP trunking allows you to focus on the important things while communicating well when you need to.
If you are used to using traditional landlines to make your calls, you had probably experienced times when your phone services were down and unavailable. Physical landlines can become damaged and cut off your communication, hindering your ability to connect with the people you need to contact.
With SIP trunks, all you need to do is have an internet connection, and you can communicate with who you need to speak to.
2. Easy Scaling. SIP trunk providers can easily expand your capabilities when you need them to. So, instead of worrying if your telephone system can take a surge of incoming calls, you can be confident that your SIP trunks will be able to handle it.
Whether you want only a few channels or a few dozen, all you need to do is speak with your SIP trunking provider to discuss your needs.
3. Global Connectivity. By using SIP trunk channels and an internet connection, you can make international calls and connect with businesses and customers worldwide. If you own a business and offer services to customers, this can be a massive advantage because you may be able to find even more customers.
With traditional landlines, communicating with international businesses or clients can be pricey and complicated. However, with SIP trunks, it can be made simple.
4. Great Voice Quality. Have you ever had to make a call with a bad phone connection? Speaking to the person you are talking to not only becomes difficult but stressful and frustrating as well. With SIP trunking technology, you can enjoy high-quality calls.
With a clear connection, you can effectively speak to who you need to talk to. Communication is vital in business, so this excellent voice quality will serve you well.
5. Flexible Price. The price of your SIP trunk service can vary depending on your selected plan. At Aatrox Communications, we are prepared to work with you and provide you with precisely what you need. If you are having trouble affording a good telephone system, a SIP trunk provider can help you save money but still have an effective way to communicate.
6. Mobility. Because SIP trunking technology uses an internet connection rather than a physical landline, you will be able to place and take calls through mobile phones as well. This way, you can conveniently stay connected even if you are not physically at your place of work.
7. Simple Management. With the help of a reliable SIP trunk provider, setting up and managing your SIP trunks is simple and easy. If you encounter any problems or are confused about anything, all you need to do is call your provider, and they will assist you.
Who Can I Speak To About SIP Trunking Services?
Overall, SIP trunk technology provides you with a fantastic way to stay connected to people all over the world. You will be able to enjoy good voice quality, convenient mobility and more when you choose to add this excellent technology to your telephone system.
Here at Aatrox Communications, we are New Zealand’s preferred SIP trunk provider, and we will be happy to talk to you about your available options. To get in touch with our helpful team, please visit our contact page or call us at 09 242 0880.
Enjoy exceptional communication and stay connected with Aatrox Communications!