In this article
Grouping extensions allows the admin to determine what information is shown to which users. Rights for a user can be determined on a group-by-group basis, and one extension can be a member of a number of groups.
- Navigate to the “Groups” section from the 3CX Management Console and click “Add”
- Specify a name for the group
- Navigate to the members section and select “Add” to add members
- Select “Managers” to assign managers for the group.
Rights can be specified from the “Group Rights” tab.
- User rights apply to users only
- Manager rights apply to managers only
- Global rights apply to both users and managers
- Publish Group information to all members – displays presence information between all group members
User & Manager Rights
The options available for users and managers are the same and are as follows:
- See group members – allows the user to see presence information
- See group calls – see calls made by other users
- Show presence – show presence information to users
- Show calls – show users calls to users
- Perform operations on any calls (barge, transfer, take)
- Receptionist operations (check in, check out, set status)
- Barge in, listen, whisper
- Park calls
- Control IVR
- Manage phonebook